Does your auto shop have a branded email address?
We talk to a lot of shops. A lot of that conversation is through email.
Roughly 95% of the shops that we talk to don't have a branded email. This is a huge, easily fixable miss that is hurting your brand.
What is branded email?
Here is an example:
For those of you that already have branded email setup, I applaud you. You have taken a big step in promoting and protecting your brand.
Not setting up a branded email leads to a few problems
- If the business grows, you can't assign and manage multiple emails - communication gets centered around one email which introduces a lot risk - especially when someone leaves.
- You can't add support@, or service@, or create emails for your technician's and staff. You're stuck to one email.
- If people use their own personal emails to communication with your customers, you don't have ownership of those conversations.
- It looks unprofessional and can cause you to lose business.
Take 5 minutes to set up a branded email address
Branded email allows you to create, edit and delete different users while maintaining ownership of the conversation between them and customers/vendors.
- It helps you look professional and promote your shop, not your email provider.
- It allows you to create several emails for your business like: admin@, support@, name@ etc.
- It allows you to scale and maintain control as your staff grows and changes.
- It's cheap - we use Google Business Suite for calendar and email and pay $5/mo for each user.
For convenience, we've included a link to get started with Google though keep in mind that you can select from a myriad of vendors including Yahoo and GoDaddy as examples.
Visit Google to setup your branded email address.